Austin’s energetic New Downtown is the perfect place to celebrate New Year’s Eve this year, so we decided to take a look around the neighborhood and highlight a few spots to ring in the New Year.
- A cabaret, music lounge, and terrace await you at Speakeasy. This is a VIP experience for those looking to go all out on New Year’s Eve. That’s right…bottle service, exclusive packages, reserved seating…when it comes to getting the most variety out of an evening, you really can’t beat Speakeasy.
- Looking to spend New Year’s in a themed bar? How does one modeled after a 1950’s mid-century airport sound? The Hangar Lounge will host a wristband-only event, giving you access to all three levels, two drink tickets, entry to another local bar, The Market, and a champagne toast at midnight! This living time machine is a great way to celebrate the past, while jumping headfirst into the future.
- One of Austin’s tastiest barbecue restaurants is also going to be home to one of its best New Year’s celebrations. Spend the night at Lambert’s listening to live music from Lee Fields and the Expressions as well as a DJ set from Chicken George. Plus, not only will you get a champagne toast at midnight, but they’re also serving up late-night BBQ tacos! Midnight snack AND champagne? Count us in…
- If you want free, fun, and family-friendly, look towards Auditorium Shores. Austin’s New Year will transform Town Lake Metropolitan Park into a wonderland of music, art, special performances and of course, Austin’s legendary food favorites. This event will feature four stages, 22 bands, and a fireworks finale at 10 p.m. It’s something you definitely don’t want to miss.
- Willie Nelson is about as Austin as it comes. Some even say the icon is the living embodiment of the city. To celebrate the coming year, Willie and family are throwing an epic three-night extravaganza at Austin City Limits Live. Each night will feature performances by Ryan Bingham, Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real, and even a special appearance by the “real” Father Time Texas and Baby New Year! This will truly be the most Austin-esque event you can attend this New Year’s Eve.
Did we mention all of these places are within a 15-minute walk of Third + Shoal? If this sounds too good to be true, it’s not! Find the new home for your business at Third + Shoal. Contact us to find out more information.